Brand Tilly And The Buttons
YOUR NEW WARDROBE STAPLE!
Sew your own dungarees for a casual everyday look that’s bang on trend. The Mila dungarees are slim fitting on the hips and legs, with stylish side button openings and essential pockets on the front bib and booty (Want more pockets? Make them in a woven fabric with a touch of stretch for comfort and fit.
Cute, practical and great for all seasons, wear your Mila dungarees with a t-shirt, button-down shirt or roll neck sweater.
This easy-to-use sewing pattern will take you through the steps to making the Mila dungarees, with jargon-busting instructions and photos showing you how to sew each part.
"Thank you so much for producing such beautiful, easy-to-follow instructions. You are a sewist’s dream!" - Harriet
PRINTED PATTERN - You’ll receive a gorgeous printed package in the post containing full scale pattern sheets and a colour instruction booklet.
SKILL LEVEL - Confident beginners
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS - Medium weight stretch denim, needlecord or woven cotton with at least 2% lycra or spandex.
- Fabric – 2m (2¼ yards) x 150cm (60in) wide OR 2.8m (3 yards) x 115cm (45in) wide
- 0.4m (3/8 yards) iron-on interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- Matching thread
- 2 x 30-35mm (1¼ - 1½in) wide dungaree buckles (or 2 x buttons)
- 6 x 15mm (5/8in) buttons
- Optional: Contrast colour topstitch thread and topstitch/embroidery needle
- Sewing machine and basic tools