The Day Dress
Brand The Avid Seamstress
With a fitted bodice, gathered skirt and inner pockets, The Day Dress will be one of the prettiest dresses in your wardrobe.
With three ways of making the front bodice, your options are endless. All views have an invisible zip at the back. Have fun making this pattern out of a variety of fabrics.
View A has a seam at the centre front.
View B has buttons at the centre front.View C has no seam at the centre front.
Our comprehensive instruction booklet will guide you through every step of making this pretty dress.
Skill level - Intermediate
Lightweight to medium weight fabrics are perfect for this pretty dress. Not suitable for stripes, diagonals or plaids. Always allow extra fabric to match one way designs.
- View A & C - Fabric, thread, 56cm/22" invisible zipper, 1m elastic (6mm wide).
- View B - Fabric, thread, 56cm/22" invisible zipper, 1m elastic (6mm wide), x6 1.5cm buttons, buttonhole presser foot, 0.50m iron on interfacing.
What's included in our printed patterns
- Pattern printed on high quality white pattern paper
- Beautiful step by step instruction booklet
- Guide on taking your measurements
- Fabric and Sewing basics help card
- Sewing Terms Demystified card
- Checklist card to ensure you have covered everything before starting your project